Side-Event Human Rights Council 52: "UPR in Action"
UPR Info, together with the Permanent Missions of Argentina, Belgium, Côte d’Ivoire, Netherlands, Norway, Sierra Leone, and South Africa, as well as the UPR Branch of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, will be holding the side-event at the 52nd session of the UN Human Rights Council entitled “UPR in Action”.
The event will take place from 13.00 to 14.00 (CET) on Monday 27th March 2023.
In person: Room XXII, Building E, Palais des Nations, Geneva
Online: click here to participate.
The objectives of this event are to trigger a discussion on the implementation of UPR recommendations, share good practices and address the challenges faced by UPR stakeholders in both monitoring and implementing the recommendations. The event will also serve as a platform to further discuss ways to strengthen synergies and coordination between human rights and development efforts, as well as enhance dialogue between human rights actors and development actors.
For more information, click here to access to the concept note.
- Opening by M Gianni MAGGAZZENI - UPR Branch Chief, OHCHR
- Moderation by Ms Mona M’BIKAY, Executive Director, UPR Info
- Presentation of the operational work by Ms Nargiz ARUPOVA, Senior Programme Manager, UPR Info
- M Sékou TidjaneTRAORE, Special Advisor at the National Human Rights Council of Côte d’Ivoire
- Ms Anna ARGANASHVILI, Executive Director, Partnership for Human Rights from Georgia
- M Jean Batiste INGOLI, The Inter-ministerial Committee of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- M Akiyo AFOUDA, Programme Officer, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- M Tek TAMATA, Portfolio Manager at United Nations Development Programme in Nepal
- Q&A - Discussion